Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A little rest goes a long way...

Rehearsals, fashion shows, pose coaching, photoshoots... this weekend seemed like it was never ending.  Kansas City Fashion Week Kick-off was a BLAST, but I think I went to bed at 8:30 on Sunday night because I was so exhausted.  Was it fun?  Absolutely!!!  I love modeling and everything that goes with it...the parties, the fittings, meeting new stylists, making new friends...everything!  And this past weekend was no different.  But when I had to get up and go to my full-time interior design job on Monday morning...that was rough!  It's times like this when I think, that maybe I shouldn't schedule so many things for the same weekend.  Especially since I work 40 hours a week, Monday-Friday in addition to all the modeling.


Do I ever learn?  I think I'm starting to.  I've cut back on scheduling so many modeling opportunities back to back to back.  It's definitely difficult, because there are only so many days a month that I can shoot or do shows, but the end result of the photoshoots are so much better if I'm not rushing around like a crazy woman trying to fit 10 different things into 2 days. 


I've learned throughout the last year, that getting a good nights sleep is so important when I have so many things going on at once. If I don't, then I start getting worn down.  Who has time for that??? Not me!


Going out the night before an all day photoshoot...not for me.  There are some people that can do it, and more power to them, but personally I don't think I'd do my best at the photoshoot, runway show, or work even, if I'm falling asleep while standing.


I also feel bad for weekends like this past one, where I'm only home for like 2 hours a day, besides sleeping.  I feel like I'm neglecting Jeremy, Bailey, and Baxter by not being home more.  Even though I know Jeremy misses me when I'm gone that much, he's very supportive and is happy that I'm doing something that I love.  Bailey and Baxter are soooo excited to see me when I get home and I'm so lucky to have a wonderful little family to come home to after a long day.


I only have one casting call this week and no modeling going on this weekend, so it will be nice to be able to relax a little before getting ready for the next big round of events coming up!  


When you feel yourself getting overworked...take a breather.  It's not worth making yourself sick over.  You'll do your best work when you're not exhausted.    Now if only you could be laying at the beach every time you need to relax...Maybe someday :)  





No comments:

Post a Comment