Monday, April 18, 2011

Modeling Portfolio Help? Check out House of Style Productions.

HOUSE OF STYLE PRODUCTIONS:

When starting modeling I had no idea where to begin.  I knew I liked to model, because I had done a little of it when I was younger and had been in a few fashion shows, but to actually start a portfolio...I was clueless.  

I was lucky enough to be contacted by David Hamilton, Founder/CEO/Owner of House of Style Productions.  He found my profile on Model Mayhem and told me about an upcoming portfolio building shoot they were having.  While I had done one photoshoot, with a friend, previous to the House of Style shoot, I knew I needed more practice and different types of images.  

My first photoshoot with House of Style was a breeze!  i was nervous, but they immediately welcomed me in and helped launch my career as a model.  If it wasn't for the advice that David and floor manager, Terrance gave me along the way, who knows if I'd even be with an agency yet. 

A few shots from my first photoshoot with House of Style:




   

House of Style is a fantastic networking based company.  They have portfolio building events across the country, where you can work with several photographers all in one day to quickly build up your portfolio.  

Photographers, Hairstylists, Make-up Artists, Clothing Designers, etc:  This is a great opportunity for you as well!  You can easily build up your portfolio and gain clients from working with House of Style.  They are always looking for new people to work with models at various shoots.

After being involved with House of Style for almost a year now, I have really learned a lot and met a lot of great people.  I am now a Posing Coach for House of Style Kansas City and I absolutely love helping new models.  It's been a great experience and it will only get better!

More recent House of Style shots:










Check out House of Style at:  http://www.houseofstyle.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment